Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Savings or Expenses?

note: the use of quotation marks around the word love are not to say that these people don't love each other, but just because i, personally, don't believe in love and feel hypocritical using the word without them [quotation marks].

riddle me this: if person A and person B "love" each other, then why do they have countless fights?
answer: inequalities.

i'm very tired of people, specifically one of my best friends of 6 years now, being treated like shit all in the name of "love."

my friends mean the world to me, and to hear them upset and compromising themselves for the actions of other people just kills me. i can honestly say that i have never been more PROUD of my friend for being such an independent and puissant woman. she has always amazed me but even more so now that i have realized what kind of woman she is. she does not sit back and let things happen; she makes her presence known and jumps head first into the deep end of all of life's problems. this is why it pains me to see the one she "loves" (and who "loves" her in return) take advantage of her one weakness--their relationship.

i loathe that "love" is a bartering chip and we are made to feel unworthy of a stable, carefree relationship.

i have known this couple since the very beginning and am very confident in their feelings for one another, however, it is just unacceptable to me that a constant power struggle is what is keeping these two from consistent happiness. i'm not saying that all of their problems would go away completely, but a fair share would for sure.

because of my friend's complete NON-doormat personality, her boyfriend gets shit from his friends. the guy who, "can't control his gf" or is "whipped" (these are not direct quotes, merely examples to explain the situation). this type of ridicule and criticism have led to what can only be described as a power struggle; a dominance issue.

it pains me to see the gender inequalities that many people choose to ignore. even in this simple situation, it is, in my eyes, an issue of male dominance.

i am happy to say--my friend is one female that will not be subordinate. ever. and forever will she have my respect and admiration.

pusshej,
jules

No comments:

Post a Comment